To host WCF service, you need at least a managed process, a ServiceHost instance and an Endpoint configured.
Possible approaches for hosting a service are:
- Hosting in a Managed Application/ Self Hosting
- Console Application
- Windows Application
- Windows Service
- IIS 6.0 ( ASP.NET application supports only HTTP )
- Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) i.e. IIS 7.0 supports HTTP, TCP/IP, NamedPipes, MSMQ
Internet Information Services (IIS) is a Web server used to run Internet applications.
Session Identifier is used to identify session. It has SessionId property. When a page is requested, browser sends a cookie with a session identifier. This identifier is used by the web server to determine if it belongs to an existing session or not. If not, a Session ID (120 – bit string) is generated by the web server and sent along with the response.
A Global Theme is available to all the Web Sites on your Web Server.
For a File System based web site, follow these steps to create and implement a Global Theme
- Create a Folder in this path
example: create a SkinFile Folder below the themes folder.
- Create a .skin file in the SkinFile folder.
save the file.
- specify one skin in the .skin file
<asp:TextBox runat=”server” BackColor=”LightBlue”/>
- To attach the SkinFile Folder with a File System based web site:
- Open a File System based web site:
- Paste a web server control TextBox on the .aspx page
- In the Page Directive, add this attribute :
- Run the .aspx page. The BackColor of TextBox will be LightBlue.